Fall 2021 Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, December 11, 2021
Are you ready to graduate? Completion Checklist
Fall commencement ceremonies will be held in Building K (the gymnasium) on Scott Northern Wake Campus. Fall ceremonies are for fall graduates. Each ceremony will be available to view via live stream on the Wake Tech website! Visit graduation.waketech.edu to watch the ceremonies.
|8:30 a.m. Ceremony
Graduates arrive by 7:30 AM
|11:00 a.m. Ceremony
Graduates arrive by 10:00 AM
|Divisions TBA||Divisions TBA|
The deadline for completing the graduation application and ordering regalia (cap and gown) is Friday, October 1, 2021 at 11:59 PM. Students who miss the deadline may participate in the next semester’s commencement ceremony provided they meet the posted deadlines.
*All graduation communications will be sent to the graduate’s Wake Tech email account.
Order Your Regalia (Cap and Gown)
Your regalia order is made through the Wake Tech Campus Bookstore, in partnership with Herff Jones. Regalia orders and payment for the fall 2021 graduation ceremony can be placed on the Herff Jones website. from July 30, 2021, until October 1, 2021, at 11:59 PM.
Graduates must use their Wake Tech email address when ordering their regalia in order to be sure that they receive all graduation-related communications.
The cost for the regalia is $40.98 plus tax; you can select the "cap and gown" icon to order the regalia only. You can also take advantage of one of the different packages offered by Herff Jones, which include additional items such as announcements, extra tassels, thank you notes, etc.
Ordering your regalia directly from Herff Jones reserves your seat for the ceremony. Graduates that purchased regalia in a semester other than the current semester will need to email [email protected] to confirm attendance. Regalia is not available for students who miss the deadline; used or borrowed regalia is not permitted.
Regalia will be mailed to the address provided by the graduate at the time the order is placed.
NOTE: All questions related to regalia should be directed to the Wake Tech Campus Bookstore. The Registrar’s Office is unable to provide updates or tracking information on regalia orders.
To ensure we have accommodations in place for graduates with disabilities, please contact Wake Tech Disability Support Services by November 20 at 919-866-5670 (Voice) or 919-324-3833 (Sorenson Video Phone).
Marching Order Portal
Wake Tech has partnered with Marching Order to provide students and their guests with a seamless graduation experience. Graduates will receive an email from Marching Order no later than Monday, October 25 that will provide information on registering their Marching Order account. The Marching Order portal will allow graduates to verify their name and degree information, record pronunciation of their name to ensure that their name is pronounced correctly as they cross the stage and retrieve their guest tickets.
*Graduates are strongly encouraged to submit a name recording through Marching Order as names will be recorded by an outside vendor to be read aloud at the graduation ceremony.
Tickets are required to gain entrance into the ceremony. Fall 2021 graduates will be given six admission tickets for guests. Tickets will be sent electronically to students no later than December 3, 2021. Electronic tickets will be scanned as guests enter the gymnasium. Tickets can only be scanned once and cannot be duplicated.
- Graduates DO NOT need a ticket.
- Every guest must have an admission ticket, including children over the age of two.
- Children two and under may attend without a ticket but children must sit on the lap of an adult. If children two and under will be taking a seat, then a ticket is required. Baby carriers and strollers are not permitted.
- Sorry, there are no options for graduates to request or purchase additional tickets.
- Arrive early – at least 1 hour before the ceremony start time to allow for check-in and lineup. There is no rehearsal, and no one will be allowed to join the processional line once it starts.
- Dress appropriately in dressy or business casual clothing underneath your regalia. Graduates without proper attire will not be allowed to participate. Graduates lineup is on a different level than the ceremony so appropriate footwear is advised as you will be standing for periods of time as well as navigating stairs during the processional.
- Do not bring personal belongings other than your regalia and your photo ID. Storage is not available.
- Act appropriately. Graduates or guests whose behavior detracts from the dignity and importance of the occasion will not be allowed to participate.
- Parking is free on Scott Northern Wake Campus. There are two parking decks at the corner of Success Way and Perry Creek Road; please use the parking deck assigned to your ceremony: Handicap parking is available in Lot N
- Enter the Gymnasium. Signs and Wake Tech staff will direct you to the graduate line-up area.
- Check in on arrival Each graduate that purchased regalia will receive a special QR code from Marching Order that they will use to scan in as they cross the stage. Graduates are encouraged to print this QR code and bring the printed QR code with them to the ceremony to avoid technical difficulties. Graduates can also choose to have the QR code on their phone rather than a printed version; Graduates with screen protectors or cracked phone screens will need to print out their QR code to avoid technical difficulties.
- Be seated with your division and follow directions from marshals. In order to prevent distraction during the ceremony, graduates should remain in the graduate seating area after they walk across the stage.
- Professional photographs will be taken of each graduate on stage and made available for purchase after commencement. Graduates will receive a free color proof with a password for viewing photos online. They can arrange to receive an email notification when photos are posted by visiting www.photospecialties.com and preregistering. Students who do not receive a proof within one week should contact [email protected] or call 1-800-722-7033. Guests will not be allowed in the graduate seating area to take pictures or video during the ceremony. Guests may take photographs after the ceremony.
- The ceremony typically lasts one hour and starts on time. We ask that your guests arrive early so they can be seated before the ceremony begins. Guests will experience delays in entrance if they arrive late.
- Safety and security measures will include the monitoring of all items entering the facility. No one will be permitted to enter with the following items:
- Noise Makers
- Baby strollers and/or carriers
- Large Camera bags, book bags, backpacks, briefcases, etc.
- Gifts or packages of any kind
- Food or drink
- Other items deemed inadmissible by security personnel
Updates and Reminders
- Download the Wake Tech App, turn on notifications to receive important updates before the ceremonies.
- Follow us on Twitter @WTCCRegistrar; use #WTGrad21
Frequently Asked Questions
Students that are completing their degree or diploma requirements at the end of the Fall 2021 semester are invited to attend the fall commencement ceremony. In order to reserve a seat at the ceremony, graduates will need to order their regalia (cap and gown) no later than Friday, October 1, 2021 at 11:59 PM.
Regalia can be ordered online through the Herff Jones website. More information on purchasing graduation regalia.
Graduates are required to have a cap and gown, if they wish to attend the ceremony. Regalia (cap and gown) orders MUST be made through the Herff Jones website no later than Friday, October 1 at 11:59 PM. Ordering a cap and gown through Herff Jones is the only way to reserve a space for the in-person event.
Cap and gown orders will be mailed directly from Herff Jones to the address the listed when the order was completed.
All graduation regalia is handled exclusively through Herff Jones. The Registrar's Office will be unable to provide information on regalia orders. Questions regarding regalia should be directed to Herff Jones via the contact information on your order confirmation or to the Wake Tech Bookstore at 919-772-4204.
Orders placed with Herff Jones will be mailed to the address provided by the student at the time of the order. Orders will be mailed to students within two weeks of placing the order. Please refer to your order confirmation for more information.
All graduation regalia is handled exclusively through Herff Jones. The Registrar's Office is unable to provide information on regalia orders. Questions regarding regalia should be directed to Herff Jones via the contact information on your order confirmation or to the Wake Tech Bookstore at 919-772-4204.
No. Seats will only be reserved at the ceremony for graduates that purchase their regalia directly from the graduation vendor (Herff Jones).
If you purchased your regalia in a term that falls outside of the current term (ex: Student purchased regalia in spring 2021, but didn't graduate, and now wants to walk in the fall), you will need to email [email protected] no later than Friday, October 1 at 11:59 PM to let us know about your situation.
Students that fall under this unique situation will not be on any communication lists nor will they have a seat reserved at the ceremony unless we are notified by October 1, 2021.
When completing the regalia order through Herff Jones, graduates are required to use their Wake Tech email address; all graduation notifications will be sent to the student's Wake Tech email address.
If you are a parent that is ordering on behalf of a graduate, please be sure to use the student's name and the student's Wake Tech email address when completing the order.
Failure to use a Wake Tech email address may result in the graduate not receiving important graduation communications and updates.
Phi Theta Kappa cords/stoles will be sent via FedEx to the address on the student's file. The date in which these items will ship is currently to be determined.
Graduates that are members of honor societies other than PTK will need to reach out to the appropriate office. The Registrar's Office does not handle other honor societies.
Fall 2021 degrees, diplomas, and certificates will be sent via FedEx to the mailing address listed on the graduate's account in late February.
Unfortunately, regalia is not available for graduates that miss the deadline. However, graduates that miss the regalia ordering deadline in the current term can request to attend the next commencement ceremony in the following term by emailing [email protected].
Diploma Cases are graduation photo props provided only to in-person commencement ceremony participants, and are not available after live graduation events. Graduates that do not attend the in-person commencement (graduation) ceremony are encouraged to visit the Wake Tech Bookstore to view their variety of frames in order to protect and preserve their credential. https://waketech.bncollege.com/shop/wake-tech/home