The Student Ambassadors program aims to produce student leaders who will represent and promote Wake Tech to prospective students and families and to the community by creating a positive first and lasting impression through their service to the college in the following ways:
- Educating prospective students, families, school personnel and other campus visitors on the programs available at the college to assist with increasing awareness of college opportunities
- Informing prospective students of the steps to enroll to assist with increasing enrollment at the college
- Building awareness of the resources available for current students to assist with increasing engagement at the college
- Developing leadership skills to enhance their educational, personal and professional success
Each year, an advisory committee selects ambassadors to serve on Southern Wake, Scott Northern Wake, Perry Health Sciences and RTP campuses for the upcoming academic year. Based on academic standing, eligible students are invited to attend an information session in the spring of each year to hear about the program and to determine if they would like to move forward with the selection process.
- Currently enrolled at Wake Tech
- 3.2 cumulative GPA
- Completed at least 12 semester hours
- Attend mandatory information session
Student Ambassadors participate in a series of presentations and activities led by Wake Tech officials to prepare for their service. Ambassadors also receive extensive training for campus tours and customer service and take part in various leadership activities. Through these activities, Student Ambassadors become familiar with both the inspiring history and the exciting future of the college.
Student Ambassadors serve at events both on and off campus to assist the Admissions and Outreach department as well as other college areas. Opportunities to serve in marketing and other promotional activities are often available, and Ambassadors have been featured in Wake Tech commercials and local news stories.
- Participate in all training activities, meetings and functions
- Assist at mandatory events, such as Fall and Spring graduations and Open Houses hosted by various campuses
- Serve an average of five hours a week during Student Services' hours of operation. Ambassadors will be assigned to lead campus tours, assist with conferences, host special events or fulfill other duties, in addition to their weekly "office hours." The student is responsible for signing in and out when serving his or her office hours, and the campus supervisor should be informed immediately of any changes in schedule.
- Complete both Fall and Spring semesters as a full-time student, earning at least 12 credit hours per semester
- Fulfill academic requirements for attendance and compete assignments in all courses
- Maintain a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Remain in good standing with the college and in the community.
- Must not serve as a Student Government Association (SGA) officer during the academic year, as both Student Ambassadors and SGA positions require significant time
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App