Information for Parents and Families

Helping students prepare for college can be exciting – and challenging! Here are a few quick facts to help you get started.

Degree programs

The Associate in Arts (AA), Associate in Science (AS), Associate in Fine Arts - Visual Arts (AFA) and Associate in Engineering (AE) degree programs are designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university.

The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree program is designed to prepare students for immediate employment after graduation.

NOTE: Some students with an AA or an AS degree choose to enter the workforce immediately. Students with an AAS degree may opt for transfer to a four-year institution through special articulation agreements.

Campus tours

Prospective students and others interested in Wake Tech are invited to tour our campuses with Admissions Office staff. Tours are scheduled in advance.

Paying tuition

Tuition can be paid online through Self-Service or in person at the following locations:

  • Southern Wake Campus – Montague Hall
  • Perry Health Sciences Campus – Health Education Building, Room 138
  • Scott Northern Wake Campus – Building C, Room 236D

Purchasing textbooks

Starting in the Spring 2024 semester, Wake Tech's Eagle Advantage program will charge a fee of $27 per credit hour for textbooks and digital materials needed for courses. Certain programs may also require students to purchase uniforms, equipment or supplies. The fee is cheaper than the cost of buying course materials separately, and they are bundled so students have them available by the first day of class.

Students receiving financial aid may use it to pay the Eagle Advantage fee and purchase other supplies needed for class from the Wake Tech Bookstore.


Wake Tech does not offer student housing on or off campus.

Verification of enrollment

Students who need to verify enrollment for health insurers or other entities can print and mail an enrollment verification form.

Students with disabilities

Students with a documented disability requiring accommodations should call Disability Support Services at 919-866-5670 or Sorenson Video Phone for Deaf at 919-324-1508.


College is an exciting time, but it can also be a time of anxiety and stress. Counselors are available on campus to assist students with academic, personal, social and career issues. Wake Tech does not offer mental health services or social services, but our counselors can refer students to private practitioners or community agencies for additional services as appropriate.

For more information, visit the Care Center.

Health insurance

All curriculum students are covered by accident insurance; costs are included in student fees.

Contacting faculty

Students can use Wake Tech's online directory to contact instructors. Contact information is also provided on every course syllabus.


Wake Tech has a campus police force and security personnel who patrol all campuses, day and night. They work with local law enforcement, fire services and Wake County Emergency Medical Services to respond to campus emergencies. They also handle campus safety hazards, provide escorts and offer motor vehicle assistance and other non-emergency services as needed. They have CPR and defibrillator certification, and many are certified medical responders.

All campus buildings have fire alarm control panels and smoke detectors, and many have sprinkler systems. Wake Tech requires complete evacuation of buildings during a fire alarm. Fire drills are conducted throughout the year on all campuses.

Emergency Blue Light call boxes are located throughout all Wake Tech campuses, and all campus elevators have emergency phones that connect the caller with the Communications Center, which is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for emergencies and non-emergency assistance.

Campus Police Communications Center
[email protected]
Police chief: 919-866-5532

To reach a student in an emergency, call the Police Communications Center.

Visit the Campus Police webpage to review Wake Tech's crime statistics, incident reports, sexual assault and sexual harassment policies and other documents and procedures.