Grant Parent/Proxy Access
- How do I get access to my child’s information?
Your student must grant you access. Students log on to Self-Service and select Parent/Proxy Access under their user ID in the upper right corner. Depending on whether the parent/proxy information is a possible duplicate of someone already in Wake Tech's system, the request might be processed immediately in the system, or it might be pending and need research by the Registrar's Office.
- Who can see my child’s information?
Your child can grant access to parents, stepparents, guardians, spouses or others.
- Once access is granted to me, are there other forms that need to be completed? Do I need to speak with someone at Wake Tech about my child's information?
Once access is granted to you, emails will be sent with confirmation and user ID/password information. You will then be able to access your child's information online through Self-Service. You will not need to complete any forms or call the school.
- What types of information will I be able to see?
Depending on the type of access you have been granted, you will be able to see your child's grades, financial aid award(s), tuition bill and 1098T, and you can pay the tuition bill.
- I am a Wake Tech employee, and I am the parent of a student. Can I have parent access?
Yes, if your student grants you access, you will be able to view his or her academic and/or financial information in Self-Service. You will use your regular key account and password.
- I am a Wake Tech student, and I am the parent of another student. Can I have parent access?
Yes, if your student grants you access, you will be able to view his or her information in Self-Service. You will use your regular key account and password.
- My child previously completed a paper FERPA form or granted me access in WebAdvisor. Will I automatically get online access to my child's information?
No. Your child will need to grant you access via Self-Service.
Download a printable guide
Password/login and access issues
- How can I reset my password?
On the Self-Service login page, follow the "Forgot your password?" link. If you need assistance, call the IT Help Desk during regular business hours at 919-866-7000.
- My parent/proxy access was revoked. Can Wake Tech reinstate my access?
Only your student can grant and/or revoke your Self-Service access. Please contact your student.
1 Rev 1 10.05.2022