How to Update Student Information

Students have two options to update student information.

Students can update their address, non-Wake Tech email address and phone number by logging into Self-Service and selecting the "User Profile" menu under their username in the upper right corner.
All students are encouraged to keep their information updated in order to receive the most up-to-date Wake Tech related information. 

Permanent Record Changes form
Some updates to student information require verification of the student’s identity before the changes can be made. Changes that can be submitted with a Permanent Record Changes form include name, address, Social Security number, phone number and birth date changes.
Students must bring his or her Wake Tech photo ID or a copy of a current and valid government-issued photo ID to process these changes. For students requesting to change a Social Security number, the student must also provide a copy of his or her signed Social Security card.

  • Students can submit a signed and dated Permanent Records Change form in person at Southern Wake Campus, Building L, Room 243A, or at Scott Northern Wake Campus, Building B, Room 216.
  • Students can choose to email a scanned version of the form and all required documents to [email protected].
  • Student can choose to mail the form and all required documents to:
    Registration & Student Records
    Wake Technical Community College
    9101 Fayetteville Road
    Raleigh, NC 27603

The form and all required documents should not be faxed, as government issues photos can not be read after being faxed.

NOTE: Name changes do not affect your user ID for To request a change of your user ID, please call ITS at 919-866-7000. If you are a new student who needs to activate your Key Account, please visit ITS online for more information.