Health Sciences Information Sessions
Because Wake Tech’s Health Sciences programs have special admission and enrollment requirements, completion of a program-specific Health Sciences Information Session is mandatory for prospective applicants to any of the competitive programs – Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene, Medical Sonography, Nursing, Practical Nursing and Radiography.
Individual appointments with applicants are not scheduled until after the information session requirement has been met. Information sessions will cover the program application process, the selection process, classes required and the expectations for students who are accepted. Information sessions are virtual and can be completed 24/7.
Choose the session that best fits your needs:
- Dental Hygiene – This program prepares students to assess, plan, implement and evaluate dental hygiene care for individual patients and the community.
- Dental Assisting – The dental assistant takes on significant responsibility as a member of the dental health care team. Assistants greatly increase the efficiency of the dentist in the delivery of quality oral health care.
- Medical Sonography – This program prepares students for a career as a medical sonographer, a skilled health care professional who uses high-frequency sound waves that produce images of internal structures of the body.
- Nursing – This information session will cover the program-specific admission requirement for Wake Tech's three Nursing programs: Practical Nursing (LPN), Nursing (ADN) and the LPN to RN Advanced Placement program. NOTE: Students who plan to take general education classes at Wake Tech to immediately transfer to a BSN program at a four-year university do not need this session. They are considered University Transfer students and would need to speak with an Wake Tech advisor at [email protected].
- Radiography – This program prepares students for a career as a radiographer, a skilled health care professional who uses radiation to produce images of the human body.