Student Veterans of America
Wake Tech's Student Veterans of America (SVA) chapter, part of the national SVA network, provides support to help student veterans adjust and be successful in their transition to civilian and college life.
More than 800 student veterans are enrolled at Wake Tech, and the SVA offers them a social outlet through monthly meet-and-greets and outings, academic support through study groups and mentoring and tutoring programs, and career and community growth opportunities through networking, community service and fundraising campaigns.
Information on SVA meetings and events can be found on Xtra.
Officers and advisors
- President: Ramon Galloway, Army ([email protected])
- Vice President: Trina Condit, Air Force ([email protected])
- Treasurer: Parker Vulgamott, Marines ([email protected])
- Secretary: Vacant
- Communications: Vacant
- Advisor: Patrick Tribble, Navy ([email protected] or 919-866-7958)
- Advisor: Rosmery Hahn, Army National Guard ([email protected] or 919-532-5790)
Elections for officers are held each August, at the first SVA meeting of the new academic year. Anyone interested in being a member of the leadership team should contact Patrick Tribble.
The SVA also needs event organizers, record keepers and technical staff, so there are plenty of opportunities to get involved and help the group help fellow student veterans.