Placement Test Preparation
Reviewing materials and taking practice tests to prepare for a placement test can save you lots of time and money, because each transition course you take will cost you resources in pursuit of your certificate, diploma or degree.
Wake Tech strongly encourages all students to take sample tests in writing, reading and math. The sample tests will give you an idea of what the placement tests are like and help you identify areas you need to review before test day. Sample tests also are available for students taking the English as a Second Language placement test.
On test day
- Make sure you are well rested. Testing is untimed and may take up to four hours to complete.
- Bring a photo ID and your test permit. You may pick up a permit on the day you test.
- The test proctor will provide you with a calculator, scratch paper and pencils. Personal calculators are not allowed.
- The test is computerized.
- If you have a disability that requires special arrangements for taking the placement test, please call Disability Support Services at 919-866-5670 to request accommodations.