Cashier's Office

* Important Notice *

Payment Plan Available November 1, 2021 for Spring 2022

Payment Plan Spring 2022:

Enroll in the payment plan by December 12th to make 3 payments - 33% down payment at enrollment with 2 remaining payments.
   Enroll in the payment plan between December 13th & January 5th to make 2 payments - 50% down at enrollment.

Tax Information is now available in Self-Service.
If you have consented to receive your 1098-T electronically you may access it by logging into Self-Service and selecting “Tax Information”.

Refunds: Make sure you have selected your BankMobile refund preference BankMobile Refund Choices.

General information regarding student refunds and credit balances 
Email address: [email protected]Please include your Student ID# when emailing.

How are we doing?
Please take a moment and participate in a brief customer service survey by clicking the link:

The Wake Tech Cashier's Office provides services in an efficient, timely, professional manner, in accordance with the mission of the college and the regulations of all appropriate governing agencies, while implementing sound financial procedures and controls.

BankMobile Refund Overview
Financial Aid student refunds are processed through BankMobile.
Financial Aid Refund Schedule Tuition & Costs
Tuition rates are set by the NCCCS Board and approved by the State Legislature.
  1098-T FAQs Tuition Payment Plan

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I pay tuition?

Four convenient ways to pay tuition 

1.     Online (with or without Payment Plan): Login required.

Log into Self Service and Select Student Finance. If you are enrolled in the Payment Plan (or would like to be), select Pay with Payment Plan. If not, select Pay in Full.

2.     Mobile App: Using the Wake Tech App [Download here...], press the "hamburger" menu in the upper left corner.

  • Under "Academics", select "Student Financials"
  • Sign in using your key account and password.
  • Select "Pay My Bill" to view your "Account Summary". 
  • Select "Pay in Full" -OR- "Pay with Payment Plan"


3.     In Person: Cashiers Hours and Locations

4.     By Mail (checks only): Include student ID # and a phone # on check, payable to:
Wake Technical Community College
ATTN: Financial Services
9101 Fayetteville Rd. 
Raleigh, NC 27603

We Accept the following forms of payment:

·       Cash

·       Checks

·       Money Orders

·       Visa

·       Mastercard

We cannot accept partial payments at the Cashier's Office. If you need more time to pay, we recommend signing up for the Tuition Payment Plan.

Due to credit card security regulations, we cannot accept payments over the phone.

What happens if I cannot pay tuition by the deadline? Can I get an extension?

Deadlines cannot be extended. If you cannot pay in full by the deadline, we recommend you enroll in the Tuition Payment Plan.

Students who have not paid for their classes or enrolled in the payment plan by the deadline will be dropped from those classes.


Am I required to pay for a class if I am on the waitlist?

No. You will not be charged until you are enrolled in the class.


How do I set up a Tuition Payment Plan?

Tuition payment plans can be set up for current upcoming semesters only. Students must be enrolled before the cutoff date. These dates can be found in the payment plan portion at the top of this page. 

·       Log into Self Service

·       Select Student Finance

If you wish to enroll in the payment plan, select Pay with Payment Plan. You will be directed to the Nelnet website, where you can register for the plan. The video below can provide assistance.

I want to pay with a 529 plan. What do I do?

If you would like to submit a payment using a 529 plan, please have the company send a check to the address below. 

Wake Technical Community College
Attn: Financial Services
9101 Fayetteville Road
Raleigh NC, 27603

·       The check will need to be made payable to Wake Technical Community College.

·       Please make sure your student ID number & full name are mentioned in the memo of the check.

·       If the check is paying your semester in full, please make sure it matches your tuition exactly.

Please try and make every effort to have the check delivered before the payment deadline. If you don't think it will arrive on time, please forward an official confirmation from the 529 company showing that the check is on the way.

This confirmation can be emailed to [email protected].

·       Please state in the email that your 529 check isn't going to arrive on time. Be sure to include your name, contact information, student ID number, and semester being paid.

Can you tell me my child's account balance so I can pay for it?

The student must grant you access. Students log on to WebAdvisor and follow the link to add a parent. After the Registrar’s Office approves the request, then students grant access to academic and/or financial information.

FERPA Authorization must be submitted by the student before account information can be provided.  

What is FERPA?

Once access is granted to you, an email will be sent with confirmation and user id/password information. You will then be able to access your child’s information online through WebAdvisor. You will not need to complete any forms or call the school in order to obtain information about your child’s academics or financial account.

What is BankMobile?

Wake Technical Community College has partnered with BankMobile to deliver financial aid and student refunds.  For more information about BankMobile, visit this link:

Which ATM can I use with my BankMobile Card?

You may use any Allpoint Network ATM (ATM availability varies by location) to withdraw cash and view the current available balance of your BankMobile Account. There are no fees when using an Allpoint Network ATM and the daily cash limit is $500.

You may use this locator to find the nearest ATM to your location.  Allpoint ATM Locator.

Where can I get a Parking decal or Student ID card?

Parking decals are included in the tuition you pay per semester and are issued by Campus Police. They are available for pickup at multiple locations.  

A Student ID card can be obtained from the Campus Police. (First one is at no cost.)

If you lose your Student ID card you can go to the Cashier's Office, pay a $5 replacement fee, and take your receipt to the Campus Police to obtain your new ID card. 


What if I am an in-state student but am charged out-of-state tuition?

You will need to contact the NC Residency Service. The State of North Carolina now determines the residency status of students. Once you have completed what is required and are determined to be an in-state student, you will be issued an RDS Number. Please follow the steps below to update your student account. 

1.     Go to

2.     Log in with your Wake Tech user ID and password.

3.     Click the menu button on the top left of the home screen.

4.     Click Students

5.     Click Student Forms

6.     Click Residency Update Form

You will receive a confirmation email through your Wake Tech student email once your account has been updated. Please note that during peak times it may take up to 3 business days for processing. 

If you disagree with your residency classification, you must complete the reconsideration or appeal process through RDS. Wake Tech does not have the authority to change your classification and we must abide by the classification provided by the state RDS. 

Contact the Residency Determination Service at: 
[email protected]
Phone: 844-319-3640

Residency Website:

Residency Determination Service


What do I do if I have a billing dispute?

The Billing Dispute Committee will resolve disputes. If you have a dispute, follow the steps below:

1.     Log into

2.     Click Support on the top of the page.

3.     Click Student Forms.

4.     Under General Forms, click Bill Dispute Form.

The Bill Dispute Committee’s decision is final. Once a decision has been made, you will be notified by email.  

Why is there a "hold" on my account?

Holds are placed on accounts when a balance is past due. You should check your account in Self Service. Also, make sure to check your Wake Technical Community College email account for communications from the following offices:

  • Financial Aid

  • Financial Services

  • Registration & Student Records Services

It is required that you review your financial aid status in Self Service on the My Financial Aid page on a regular basis. You may receive a bill if you have not received your financial aid award letter. If you have enrolled in classes and started the semester, but you have not received your letter, you are responsible for any charges incurred. Contact Financial Aid at 919-866-5410 or [email protected] for assistance.

If the balance has been paid online, contact the Cashier at [email protected] to have the hold removed.

If you are still unable to determine why you have a hold or need the charges explained, contact the Cashier at [email protected].