Wake Tech Contractors Academy
The Wake Tech Contractors Academy is a 10-week training program designed specifically for Small, Minority and Women-Owned Businesses in Wake County interested in pursuing contracting opportunities. The program will help participants develop their business to increase capacity and compete at a higher level in the public sector. Participants will network with industry leaders and learn from industry experts.
The Academy is a collaboration between Wake Tech’s HUB Program, Entrepreneurship Initiatives, and Small Business Center, along with the Wake County Public School System HUB Program and a number of community and corporate partners.
What do the classes cover?
- Contracting - The Essentials & Negotiation
- Develop a Growth Strategy for Contracting in the Public Sector
- Understanding Market Research
- The Value of Networking
- Supply Chain Management
- Money Management & The Cost of Doing Business
You are eligible if you:
- Have been in business for a minimum of 3 years
- Have filed tax returns under your business
- Have an interest in pursuing public sector contracts
- Reside in or have a business located in Wake County
- Sell a good or service commonly purchased by public agencies at a competitive price, such as facilities and construction; industrial products and services; janitorial, security, plywood and lumber; information technology; and transportation and logistics services.
How to Apply: The 2022 Contractors Academy application is currently closed.
- Step 1: Complete online application
- Step 2: Complete one (1) free counseling session with the Small Business Center by January 11, 2022. Schedule a session here. Make sure you tell your counselor that you've applied for the program.
- Step 3: All applicants will be notified by January 28, 2022, via their provided email if they have been accepted into the Wake Tech Contractor's Academy. Payment instructions will be included with the acceptance email.
February 9 - April 13, 2022
6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Cost: $100 (up to 2 representatives per business)
Beltline Education Center
3200 Bush St, Raleigh, NC 27609