Hours of Operation
In order to conserve energy during the summer months and save money on security and housekeeping, portions of some campuses and centers will be closed on Fridays starting Friday, May 13, 2022, and ending Friday, August 5, 2022. Below is an overview.
- Western Wake and Public Safety Education campuses and the Beltline Center will continue with the standard five-day/eight-hour work schedule.
- Southern Wake, Scott Northern Wake, RTP and Perry Health Sciences campuses will close as many buildings or portions of buildings on Fridays as feasible while conducting college business. Employees on these campuses may follow a four-day/10- hour work week based on college needs.
- Financial Services will provide cashiering and other services on a five-day/eight-hour work week on Southern Wake Campus and other campuses as needed. Business Services will operate on a four-day/10-hour work week.
- Student Services will provide enrollment, advising and other functions on a five-day/eight-hour work week on all campuses.
- Eastern Wake Education Center closes during the day Fridays but is open Friday evenings and all day Saturday. This is the year-round schedule for EWEC.
Please consult with your supervisor regarding your summer schedule.
For employees working four-day/10-hour work weeks
Employees will be paid for 40 hours for the weeks that include Memorial Day and July 4; however, because only eight hours of holiday leave are available for those weeks and employees are scheduled to work 10 hours a day, these employees will owe the college two hours of vacation leave for each holiday. Employees will be required to make up a total of four hours for the two holidays before December 31, 2022. Supervisors will be responsible for tracking the hours.
- Career Services
- Cashier's Office
- Dining and Vending
- Disability Support Services
- eLearning Testing Center
- Event and Conference Services
- Financial Aid
- Individualized Learning Center
- ITS Help Desk
- Campus libraries
- Lost and Found
- Open Computer Labs
- Parking decals
- Placement Testing
- Registration & Student Records
- Small Business Center
- Student Activities
- Student Advocacy & Support
- Student IDs
- The Nest Food Pantry
- Veterans Services
- Wellness Services
- Workforce Continuing Education