The Associate Degree Nursing Program of study provides students with the knowledge, skills, and strategies to integrate safety and quality into nursing care, to practice in a dynamic environment, and to meet individual needs that impact health, quality of life, and achievement of potential. Graduates of the program are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN), which is required to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN). Employment opportunities include hospitals, long-term care facilities, clinics, physicians’ offices, industry, and community agencies.
Perry Health Sciences Admissions
All Applicants Must Complete The Following Requirements:
- Apply to Wake Tech
Complete the Information Session for Nursing. Session is currently only offered online.
- Apply for Financial Aid and Veterans benefits (if applicable)
- Once transcripts have been received, schedule an appointment with an advisor
The Nursing program is a limited enrollment program and uses a competitive admissions procedure with a point system – NOT a waiting list - to determine who can register for the NUR classes. Applicants are ranked based on points that are determined by grades earned in the general education classes required for the Nursing program – such as ENG 111, PSY 150, and BIO 168. Grades of "C" or better are required in all program-related curriculum classes.
Please note the following: (1) BIO classes must have been completed within 5 years of the first NUR class. (2) Effective July 31, 2023 to receive points for BIO 168 and BIO 169, the labs must be seated. Completely online BIO 168 and BIO 169 classes will not earn points. Points will be awarded for a hybrid class as long as the lab section is seated. (3) Math proficiency must have been completed within 10 years of the first NUR class.
The following items below are requirements for the Nursing program selection process:
The application deadline is January 31st for the fall semester.
The application deadline is July 31st for the spring semester.
Email completed program applications to [email protected]
Submit official ATI TEAS scores (directly from ATI) to [email protected] by program application deadline. Applicants must meet the required minimum score of 59 or higher on the composite score (average of all 4 sections) to be eligible for consideration.
TEAS Retest Policy: If you need to retake the TEAS exam, you must wait a minimum of 30 days from your last exam date to retest. Only two tests are allowed per calendar year.
Submit verification of Nurse Aide 1 (NA 1) certification. For the July 31, 2021 program application deadline, students can verify their Nurse Aide completion in one of three ways. Students must submit the Nurse Aide documentation with their Nursing program applications to [email protected] by the July 31, 2021 deadline.
- Having a current listing on the NC Nurse Aide registry OR
- Providing documentation of completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide program within the past 2 years by the application deadline OR
- Providing documentation that student is currently enrolled in a Nurse Aide class that began prior to July 31 and will end by September 30, 2021.
- Meet English Language requirement. The form is attached to the program application. If students need to complete the TOEFL, scores must be submitted by the program application deadline. Please note that an online high school, GED, or high school equivalency does not meet exemption requirements.
Have a GPA of 2.0 or higher on coursework completed at Wake Tech.
Once admitted into the NUR classes, students are required to attend a mandatory departmental orientation and complete all clinical site requirements.
Note: Wake Tech Community College is continuously evaluating admissions procedures and reserves the right to make changes as necessary.