Title IX Resources
The Title IX Office works closely with a variety of campus and community resources to make appropriate referrals for students, faculty and staff.
Brief, solution-focused model of counseling at Wake Tech
An impartial resource for students, faculty, staff and administrators to assist in finding options for addressing concerns, resolving conflicts and handling a variety of institutional issues as they arise in a confidential and informal manner
Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) brochure
A resource guide for students on sexual misconduct
All new students have been assigned an online Title IX course entitled Preventing Sexual Assault. Although Wake Tech is required by the federal government to provide this free course, completion is optional; yet it is highly recommended.
If you have questions about the training material, email [email protected].
A nonprofit United Way Agency that provides services to survivors of domestic violence and rape or sexual assault, its services include short-term counseling, court assistance, support groups, information and referrals.
U.S. Department of Education resources
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (“Title IX”), 20 U.S.C. §1681 et seq., is a federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex – including pregnancy and parental status – in educational programs and activities. More details on rights provided by the U.S. Department of Education are available online.
- The Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA) is an amendment to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Discrimination on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions constitutes unlawful sex discrimination under Title VII. More information may be found on the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website.
N.C. state government lactation support policy
Policy details can be found on the Office of State Human Resources website.
As part of its commitment to creating welcoming and inclusive spaces, Wake Tech provides gender-neutral restrooms on all of its campuses and locations. These facilities are open to people of all genders.
- Southern Wake Campus map
- Scott Northern Wake Campus map
- Perry Health Sciences Campus map
- Public Safety Education Campus map
- Western Wake Campus map
- RTP Campus map
- Beltline Education Campus map
Wake Tech's Title IX team engages in updated policy training regularly. Training materials, including training and certification events, select webinars and online training, is available through the Association of Title IX Administrators.