The Office of Student Conduct strives to provide students with an opportunity to learn from behavior that may impact them negatively on campus and within the community at large. Student Conduct provides service to students as well as the campus community at large by addressing conduct concerns through:
- Providing help in the growth, distribution, clarification, and administration of the college’s student conduct policies
- Warranting that the student’s right to due process is applied impartially, constantly and effectively
- Working in partnership with college personnel to address student conduct concerns
- Providing learning opportunities for those who actively engage in the conduct process
- Providing alternative approaches to resolving conflicts and future violations of the student code of conduct
In doing so, we work to instill the college’s core values of accountability, respect, responsibility, communication, collaboration, and critical thinking, as well as supporting a safe and effective learning environment for all.
- Accountability - Accountability is essential for an environment of learning. Those who are accountable stand by their words and actions, taking full responsibility for what they create and for what they contribute to the community.
- Respect - Respect is a prerequisite for enhancing learning. Community members who respect themselves and others help create a safe, yet open, climate of learning.
- Responsibility - Responsibility is the root of success. Students who assume personal responsibility for their education will reach their goals. Responsible students also make contributions to their communities.
- Communication - Communication is increasingly the key competency for living and working in the Information Age. Communicating effectively in oral and written forms through traditional and new media is a powerful tool for personal and career success.
- Collaboration - Collaboration, by bringing together individual knowledge and talents, creates teams that are greater than the sum of their parts. Such teamwork maximizes benefits to individuals and the community.
- Critical Thinking - Critical thinking is the fundamental purpose of higher education. The ability to solve problems through the application of the appropriate skills is critical to all disciplines.