International Student Check-in
After you receive your F-1 visa or status, please follow these steps:
- Check in with the International Student Office by making an on-campus new student appointment.
You are required to check in with the International Student Office after you enter the United States but no later than the program start date on the first page of your I-20 form. You must bring your passport, I-20, I-94, and approval notice (if applicable) to the appointment.
- Activate your Wake Tech Key Account and email address.
- Email [email protected] to request to take the placement test. It is important to include your full name and student ID# in the email.
- Take the placement test (photo ID required).
- Meet with an academic advisor to discuss your test scores and course planning.
- Register for classes as a full-time student.
- Pay tuition and fees by the appropriate deadline.
- Purchase textbooks and supplies.
- Get your student ID and parking decal.
- Attend a mandatory F-1 orientation.