Student Money Management
Money management is more than the balance you have in your bank account. It’s about your financial mindset and the daily financial decisions you make.
Student Money Management is here to help you as you navigate your financial journey and take control of your finances. We are dedicated to your financial well-being providing you with the resources, tools and financial education needed to be fiscally responsible today and after graduation.
Wake Tech's Student Money Management program is based on four pillars:
- Inform – Provide students with resources and tools to make informed financial decisions
- Empower – Through financial education, students will be empowered to take control of their finances both now and after graduation.
- Inspire – Our goal is to inspire positive financial habits that will last a lifetime.
- Support – Provide students with support through workshops and one-on-one financial coaching sessions
Virtual and in-person sessions and presentations are available by appointment only. For presentations requested after 5 p.m. or for more information, email the Student Money Management office at [email protected].
- Getting started – NerdWallet provides some advice on how to start budgeting.
- Budgeting apps – Personal finance tools that make it easy to see how much you're spending
- CashCourse – A free online financial education resource designed specifically for college and university students
- Financial resources – Links to helpful websites
- Financial tools
- Mint – Set a budget, track your goals and do more with your money
- Student budget spreadsheet – Download and use Excel spreadsheet to track your budget
- The Envelope System – Know exactly how much money you have left in a budget category just by taking a quick peek in a corresponding envelope
Your credit is important because it is used to determine your eligibility for purchasing a house, buying a car or even getting a job. So whether you are trying to establish, maintain or rebuild credit, many resources exist to help you. Understanding how credit works is key. Use these tools and resources to help you navigate credit.
- FICO Credit Scores (credit and identity theft monitoring. There is a fee associated with this service)
- Credit Karma (credit monitoring)
- Dispute items on your credit report
You need to know what is on your annual credit report and obtain a copy at least once a year. Use the links below to get access to your credit report.
P.O. Box 105788
Atlanta, GA 30348-5788
888-298-0045 (for customer care)
800-349-9960 (for security freezes)
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App