Professional Skills & Development
Wake Tech's professional development courses are specifically designed to enhance your resume. These courses give you skills such as how to compose executive reports and organizational procedures; how to communicate between generations and cultures; and more.
Need help writing your resume or preparing for job interviews?
Explore our skills training for job seekers courses.
Course Details & Registration Information
We will cover the different components of grants, examples include how to set and maintain a workable grant cycle by tracking possibilities in the business community and applying good storytelling to a successful program.
- Learn how to identify their audience, develop programs, and build boilerplate material for grant applications.
- Understand the different parts of grants and the grant funding lexicon.
- Understand the intersection of successful grants in relation to mission, vision and values; organizational structure and function; budget and finance; public relations and marketing; fundraising and development; networking; and relationship building.
- Learn how to research and find an appropriate funder for grants, projects and programs.
- Identify Your Needs
- Find Your Funding Source
- Learn to Speak “Grant”
- Assemble a Grant writing Team
- Tell A Great Story
- Create (or Repurpose) a Great Program
- Plan for Evaluation, Results and Reports
- Become A Community Steward
- Attendance 90% or above
- Introduction to Grant Writing - COM-3711D2
- A to Z Grant Writing - CSP-4000DHE