Dental Hygiene Clinic Patient Information
Wake Tech's Dental Hygiene Clinic provides cleanings, fluoride treatments, sealants and X-rays for all patients ages 4 and older. Patients are screened for eligibility and treatment needed; some patients may need treatment that the clinic cannot provide.
Availability of services depends on the number of Dental Hygiene students in the program in a given semester, and clinic hours change according to student schedules.
- Treatment is by appointment only
- Screening appointments take one to two hours
- Cleanings take two to five visits of three to four hours each
- Referrals are given if additional dental work is required
- Adult patients are asked not to bring children who are not receiving treatment to appointments. Children under 15 years of age are not allowed on Wake Tech campuses unsupervised and may not sit in the clinic or reception area while a parent/adult is being treated.
- Children and adolescent patients ages 4 to 17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who remains in the clinic reception area at all times.
At the first clinic visit, patients will be given a form to sign that outlines clinic services, what patients can expect and their rights and responsibilities.
The Dental Hygiene Clinic
Perry Health Sciences Campus
Building B, 2nd floor
2901 Holston Lane, Raleigh
To learn more or schedule an appointment, call 919-747-0126 or email [email protected]. (Fax: 919-747-0160)
Fees and payment
- Payment may be made before services can be provided, in cash or by check or debit/credit card
- Patients with dental insurance are responsible for filing their own insurance claims
- Student clinicians, faculty and staff are not allowed to accept gifts of any kind for services rendered.
*Typical fees are the averages of fees for services obtained from Raleigh-Durham area dental offices. Not all offices charge for procedures; the averages per procedure are calculated for offices that charge.
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App