Awards and certifications
- 2015 City of Raleigh Environmental Award in Green Building Design for Southern Wake Campus’ Montague Hall
- 2014 City of Raleigh Environmental Award in Institutional Innovation for the Scott Northern Wake Campus’ Building E
- $10,000.00 Wake County Solid Waste grant for recycling program and campaign
- Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce Large Business Sustainability Award
- 2009 City of Raleigh Environmental Award in Green Design for Scott Northern Wake Campus
- LEED Gold Certification from the U.S. Green Building Council for Scott Northern Wake Campus Building E
- Sir Walter Raleigh Award for Sustainability for Scott Northern Wake Campus
- Triangle Business Journal Green Award for Scott Northern Wake Campus
- Innovation of the Year Award from the League of Innovation in Community College
- 392 outdoor lights changed to LED beginning in 2015
- Scott Northern Wake Campus Building F, on track for LEED Silver Certification, opened in 2015
- 1,300 solar panels installed on roof of Public Safety Education Campus
- Scott Northern Wake Campus: First all-LEED college or university campus in the nation
- Two LEED- and three LEED Gold-certified buildings.
- All new construction projects will be built to LEED Silver standards.
- Landscape Services green initiatives include leaf recycling, limbs and branches mulching and tree preservation
- Extensive green cleaning policies and procedures in place
- Long-term water efficiency plan
- Environmental policy signed in 2006
- Declaration of temperature settings
- Sustainable energy plan
- Energy Conservation & Awareness Committee established in 2006
- Ongoing professional development sessions at Wake Tech conferences, including topics of transportation, integrating sustainability into curriculum, general sustainability at Wake Tech and more
- Energy Training House, built to provide hands-on training for jobs in sustainable energy, opened at Wake Tech’s Eastern Wake Education Center.
- Wake Tech became the first community college in North Carolina to offer MOOC (Massive Open Online Course), giving students more online course options rather than needing to drive to campus.
- Wake Tech Curriculum Education Services served 14,865 online students in 2013-14.
- Wake Tech and City of Raleigh Green Building Training Program hosted solar panel installation on Scott Northern Wake Campus.
- Zeroing Ozone Output Measures (ZOOM) alternative transportation initiative
- GoSmart Partners group within the Transportation Demand Management grant
- GoRaleigh GoPass program added in August 2016
- Four electric vehicle charging stations – two each on Southern Wake Campus and Scott Northern Wake Campus
- Express bus route (GoRaleigh 40X) to Southern Wake Campus is free for students and employees with valid Wake Tech ID.
- GoRaleigh's 25L bus added bus stop on Scott Northern Wake Campus outside of Building E in January 2016.
- Premiere low-emission vehicle and carpool parking spaces on Southern Wake Campus, Perry Health Sciences Campus, Western Wake Campus, Scott Northern Wake Campus and Public Safety Education Campus
- Six carpool spots added on Southern Wake Campus, 10 carpool spots added on Scott Northern Wake Campus and two carpool spots added on Western Wake Campus in 2016
- Designated parking spaces for veterans and their dependents added in 2016
- Nationally recognized as a Best Workplace for Commuters location in February 2016
- Membership in ACT
- 500+ ZOOM reusable grocery bags donated to Wake Tech’s Food Bank project
- Signatory of American College and University President’s Climate Commitment (ACUPCC)
- Membership in AASHE