As a Wake Tech student or employee, you are eligible for a free regional GoPass, which allows you to ride any local or regional bus route for free. This includes all buses in GoTriangle, GoRaleigh, GoCary and GoDurham systems.
To be eligible, you must currently be enrolled in a seated Wake Tech class and have a current, valid Wake Tech ID. All full- and part-time employees are eligible for GoPasses.
To get your GoPass, visit one of the following ID/parking offices:
- Southern Wake Campus: Building A (Holding Hall), Room 102
- Scott Northern Wake Campus: Building D, Room 103
- Perry Health Sciences Campus: Building A, Room 145
- RTP Campus: Building RT1, Room 109
- Beltline Education Center
To use your GoPass:
- Visit gotriangle.org or Google Maps to plan your trip, which bus to ride and when and where to board. You may also contact Wake Tech’s Transportation Coordinator for additional assistance.
- Tap your GoPass on the electronic fare box in the bus next to the driver.
- Show the bus driver your Wake Tech ID when prompted.
GoPasses will be deactivated for students who lose their pass, do not comply with requirements or are no longer enrolled.
The GoPass is NOT transferable. It is valid only for the student to whom it was issued.
Riding the bus to campus
One of the easiest ways to navigate the transit system in the Triangle area is with apps like Transloc and Moovit. Transloc gives you live updates as to where your bus is, giving you ease of mind when planning and executing your trip. Moovit lets you know what the best route is for getting to your destination and tells you when the next bus will be departing. Both apps are must-haves to make traveling in the Triangle area a breeze. You can also use the transit option found under the direction button in Google Maps, which will give you the best available routes to take to your destination.
If you need additional assistance with the bus don’t hesitate to email [email protected].
Southern Wake Campus
- GoRaleigh Route 40X map and schedule
The 40X is a direct bus route to Southern Wake Campus from the GoRaleigh station in downtown Raleigh. It is free to ride with a valid Wake Tech ID. The 40X remains on a modified schedule until further notice because of the pandemic.
- GoTriangle Route FRX map and schedule (to/from Fuquay-Varina)
Scott Northern Wake Campus
- GoRaleigh Route 1 map and schedule
- GoRaleigh Route 25L map and schedule
- GoTriangle Route NRX
The NRX, which remains suspended during the pandemic, normally provides a quick link between the Scott Northern Wake Campus and the RTP Campus
- GoRaleigh Route 401X (to/from Rolesville)
From GoRaleigh station, take GoRaleigh Route 1 to Triangle Town Center. At Triangle Town Center, get on GoRaleigh Route 25L, and you will arrive at Scott Northern Wake Campus in less than 15 minutes. When leaving the campus to head back to Triangle Town Center to catch Route 1, look for the bus displaying "TO CARLOS DRIVE" on its digital sign.
Traveling between Southern Wake Campus and Scott Northern Wake Campus is easy. Take GoRaleigh Route 40X from Southern Wake Campus to GoRaleigh station, where you will get on Route 1 and then Route 25L at the Triangle Town Center stop.
Perry Health Sciences Campus
From GoRaleigh station, take GoRaleigh Route 15 to the stop at WakeMed at Wake Tech bus stop, or take GoRaleigh Route 19 and get off at Calumet Drive and Sunnybrook Road.
Beltline Education Center
From GoRaleigh station, take GoRaleigh Route 2 to Wake Forest Road. The Bush Street Shuttle connects from the Wake Forest Road stop to Wake Tech’s Beltline Education Center.
Public Safety Education Campus
Take GoRaleigh Route 40X from the Southern Wake Campus or from the GoRaleigh Station to the State Employees Credit Union/Chapanoke Road and Hammond Road stop. If the latter, you will have to walk a half-mile on Chapanoke Road to get to the Public Safety Education Campus). Or take GoRaleigh Route 7 and get off at the Wilmington Street and Chapanoke Road stop (by Bojangles').
The Morrisville Smart Shuttle provides access to the campus from any of 13 locations throughout Morrisville, including the Regional Transit Center.
GoTriangle Route 310 connects the Regional Transit Center to the RTP Campus. There are many ways to get to the Regional Transit Center:
- From Raleigh: GoTriangle Route 100
- From Durham: GoTriangle Route 700
- From Chapel Hill: GoTriangle Route 800
- From Cary: GoTriangle Route 300