Prospective DSS Students
Follow these steps to connect with Disability Support Services:
- Complete the electronic initial inquiry form and add the appropriate supporting document(s) from the following list:
- ADD/ADHD documentation guidelines
- Autism Spectrum Disorder documentation guidelines
- Deaf and hard of hearing documentation guidelines
- Learning disability documentation guidelines
- Medical/physical documentation guidelines
- Psychological/psychiatric documentation guidelines
- Visual impairment documentation guidelines
- Once we have received your initial inquiry form and supporting documentation, your information packet will be presented to the Documentation Review Committee. Should we need additional information, we will reach out to you directly.
- Once your documentation has been approved, your assigned coordinator will reach out to you to schedule an in-person or virtual initial interview. This meeting will include an interactive discussion regarding available accommodations and any other information deemed necessary for equal access.
- During your initial interview, you will be provided a service contract outlining your approved accommodations. After you have signed the contract, you can submit a semester request to have your accommodation notice sent to your instructors, the ILC and/or e-Learning.
NOTE: if you prefer to drop off your information in person, print the Documentation Drop-off form, attach it to your supporting documentation and bring it to one of our campus locations.
Documentation is accepted throughout the semester, but these months provide the best outcomes:
- Starting in April for Fall semester
- Starting in September for Spring semester
- Starting in February for Summer term
If you have any questions, email [email protected] or call 919-866-5670.
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App