Wake Tech's professional development courses are specifically designed to enhance your resume. These courses give you skills such as how to compose executive reports and organizational procedures, how to communicate between generations and cultures and more.
Need help writing your resume or preparing for job interviews? Visit Wake Tech's Career Services Office.
Course details and registration information
- have learned how the modern human resource function has evolved from trade guilds, through the industrial revolution, to modern times.
- have learned how to analyze job satisfaction and the factors that keep employees happy.
- have understood the laws that govern union-management interactions, prohibit discrimination, wage and hour requirements, and benefit and safety standards.
- have learned the eight habits that successful professionals adopt. You will leave with the insight and ability to achieve excellence at work.
- Lesson 01 - The History of Human Resources
- Lesson 02 - Human Resources Functions in Today's Organization
- Lesson 03 - The Hiring Process: Part 1
- Lesson 04 - The Hiring Process: Part 2
- Lesson 05 - Finding Employees in a Competitive Labor Market
- Lesson 06 - Retaining Quality Employees
- Lesson 07 - Respecting Employee Rights
- Lesson 08 - Laws Relating to Human Resources
- Lesson 09 - Policy Making
- Lesson 10 - Employee Communications
- Lesson 11 - Administration of Employee Benefit Programs
- Lesson 12 - Human Resources—A Source of Quality
This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
PC: Windows XP or later.
Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
- Attendance 80% or above
- Students must score 75% or better on 10 quizzes (2 attempts each) or 85% or higher on the final exam.
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App