Hospitality & Tourism
From baking to bartending, culinary and restaurant certifications to operating your own food truck, Wake Tech has a short-term training program to get you the skills you need for in-demand jobs in the Triangle region. Learn the science, techniques and trends that will give you the foundational knowledge to be prepared for the challenges face by professionals in the hospitality industry.
Course details and registration information
- Upon successful completion of course, participants will • have specific skills training that lead to professional certification in different aspects of the hospitality industry. • be prepared for entry-level lodging & other hospitality positions •Promote Confidence and positive work ethics. • Provide smooth transition to Lodging Management Program or high level hospitality coursework. • have exposure to various hotel and restaurant markets via Field Trips and Guest Speakers.
- Topics included are
• Introduction to Hospitality and Lodging
• Beverages, Restaurants, and Managed Services
• Tourism, Recreation, Attractions, Clubs and Gaming
• Assemblies, Events, Attractions, Leadership and Management.
• Front Desk Representative Certification ( American Hotel & Lodging Education Institute)
• ServSafe Training Certification (National Restaurant Association)
• TIPS Certification
• OPERA Property Management System Certification
• Micros Point of Sale Training.
• Guest Speakers from the industry, field trips and limited lab sessions.
The students will be required to complete the online sessions once user ID's and passwords are provided by the instructor.
- Students will be prepared for an entry-level position in various hospitality departments.
Students will be prepared to get certified in Servsafe (Food Handling and Sanitation ) through the National Restaurant Association.
Front Desk Representative Certification ( American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute)
OPERA Property Management System through ORACLE (Used in Most Major Hotel Chains)
Host U Certification ( Knowledge in Wines, Beer, Spirits, & Non-Alcoholic Beverages )
T.I.P.S certification for Responsible Alcohol Service ( Training for Intervention Procedures) (Traditional Class only)
- Attendance 90% or above
- Students must complete all the required assignments with the minimum grade requirements per topic to successfully complete the course. An average of 75 % or higher will be required to get the final certification.
- Banquet Set Up
- Banquet Waiter
- Restaurant Service
- Reservation Agent
- Front Office Agent
- Guest Service Representative
- Bartending 101 - HOS-3007A3
- Basic Culinary Arts & Restaurant Fundamentals Certification - HOS-3075E3