Cosmetology School (Non-credit)
Workforce Continuing Education School of Cosmetology
Learn the art of cosmetology in Wake Tech's streamlined, non-degree School of Cosmetology program. Prepare yourself to be workforce ready by focusing solely on hands-on training and preparing for the N.C. Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners certification exam.
Required Information Sessions
Attend a mandatory information session to learn about registration fees, admission requirements, books, kits, uniforms, and program schedule. You must attend an information session before you can register for this course.
Requirements for Registration:
- Government-issued ID
- Social Security number or Tax ID number
- High School Diploma/GED or CRC and Money Order in order to register for this course.
Please email Maribel Jefferies at [email protected] to reserve your spot for an online information session. Please include your preferred date, time, and the best e-mail address to reach you at. A link will be sent to your e-mail address before the information session begins.
Cosmetology Information Sessions
These sessions are for Cosmetology only. View Information Sessions for Natural Hair Specialist.
No children are allowed to attend the Information Sessions.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have defined the natural hair care industry.
- have identified career options for natural hair care providers.
- have explored training and licensing requirements for natural hair.
- have set goals for launching a career in the natural hair care industry.
- Module 1 - Overview of the natural hair industry
- Module 2 - Exploration of career options for a natural hair specialist
- Module 3 - Soft-skills for success in the natural hair industry
- Module 4 - Training and licensure options for natural hair specialists
- Attendance 90% or above
- Continuing Education Cosmetology I Introduction - COS-3201E7
- Natural Hair Care Specialist - COS-3104A7
- Natural Hair Care Specialist - Supplement - COS-3104B7
- Natural Hair Theory Exam Preparation - COS-3205I3