The courses you choose will depend on the four-year college or university to which you plan to transfer and the specific field of engineering you have chosen for study. Your degree, the Associate in Engineering, will include the Universal General Education Transfer Courses (UGETC) and the engineering courses that are specific to your major at the university you plan to attend.
There are currently several ways to receive advising for the Associate in Engineering program from the Wake Tech Engineering Department.
- If you are a first-semester student, your first step will be to meet with an academic advisor through Student Services, so schedule an appointment.
- It is highly recommended that you take ACA-122 in your first semester. The course will provide you with transfer information and will allow you to explore your engineering career and academic options. Various North Carolina universities have transfer options available for Associate in Engineering graduates.
- Students who are not at the 3.0 GPA and MAT 271 level will continue to consult with the Student Services Advising Center. Students who have attained a 3.0 GPA and MAT 271 level will be assigned an Engineering faculty advisor.
When making an advising appointment, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Your name and student ID number
- Topics to be discussed with the advisor