Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council
Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) are at the heart of Wake Tech's mission to serve the community. The DEI Council comprises a cross-section of faculty, staff, students and administrators committed to leading the work of DEI for the college. Council members work to cultivate inclusive practices, policies and programs while fostering an environment where all feel valued, respected and safe.
The council's initial work centers on five priorities, which align with the goals of Equitable Access and Equitable Outcomes from the Reach & Rally Strategic Plan:
- Student success
- Campus climate
- Education and training
- Workforce initiatives
The DEI Council is committed to equitable student outcomes, inclusive excellence in teaching and learning and building and fostering an inclusive working and learning environment for all members of the college community.
The DEI Council is committed to valuing the unique experiences of individuals, the diversity of the Wake Tech community and equitable outcomes for students and employees. We will strive to cultivate inclusive practices, policies and programs while fostering an environment where all feel valued, respected and safe.
The DEI Council will lead efforts in building sustainable, strategic partnerships that promote equity of services, inclusion and diversity, advocate for social justice and monitor programming and compliance.
To become an equity-minded institution that understands and engages in practices stemming from an asset-based approach focused on the following:
- Celebration of teaching and learning
- Enhancement of students' college experiences
- Allocation of individualized holistic student supports
- Improvement in student access, transitions and outcomes
- Amplification of students' voices and experiences
- Facilitation of capacity building for societal change
- Accountability through the assessment of data-driven strategies
- Promotion of community immersion
- Cultivation of opportunities that embody inclusive excellence
For more information, email [email protected].
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App