Pharmacy Technology Bridge
The Pharmacy Technology bridge program is an accelerated, associate’s degree program offered as an option for pharmacy technicians that have at least 3 years of working experience in the industry, within the last 10 years. This program is for technicians that wish to pursue an academic program comprised of general education courses as well as pharmacy technician basics. The associate's degree also offers options to students who plan to use the degree as the foundation for further education. The program strives to balance technical training and classroom instruction in order to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to meet the needs and goals established by the pharmacy profession.
Online Classes with Evening and Weekend Labs.
All Applicants Must Complete the Following Requirements:
Complete the NC RESIDENCY DETERMINATION INTERVIEW.
A residency determination will be provided within 3 business days of completion. For more information regarding residency, visit: https://ncresidency.cfnc.org/
Complete the Wake Tech Community College Application for Admission.
Request official transcript(s) from high school, or high school equivalency, and previous college(s). Transcripts may be sent electronically to [email protected]. Applications will not be processed until transcripts have been received. Once received, your file will be reviewed for admissions and course placement.
In order for your college transcripts to be evaluated, you must be an accepted student. It is the student's responsibility to follow up with Student Records for transfer credit. If you have a question regarding your transfer credits, please visit the following link: https://www.waketech.edu/student-services/registration-and-records/registration/transfer-credit
- Apply for Financial Aid and Veterans benefits. Students applying for financial aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit all supporting documents to make sure their request can be processed in time for the start of the semester. Be sure to include the Wake Tech school code: 004844.
- Once all admissions requirements have been met, submit a Satisfaction of Admissions Requirements application to an advisor to be considered eligible for the PHM program. Please email your filled clinical application to the Perry Health Sciences Campus Admissions and Academic advisors at [email protected]. The clinical application deadline is May 15 for Fall entry.
- Admission into PHM classes is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Student must be 18 years of age at the start of the second semester of PHM classes.
- Health Form: Clinical sites require current health records on all students. The Wake Tech form requires a physical exam and immunization records; more information is provided at the orientation session. Students may need additional vaccinations or medical tests as well as a physical exam.
- Criminal Background Check and Drug Screening*: Clinical sites also require criminal background checks on all students. Wake Tech has arranged with an agency to conduct these checks. More information is provided at the orientation session.
- Provide documentation of healthcare provider CPR certification.
- Comply with the Technical Standards outlined for the Pharmacy Technology program.
- CPR certification can be obtained through Wake Tech. CPR Class Information
- Provide documentation of health insurance
- Once admitted into the Pharmacy Technology classes, students are required to attend a mandatory departmental orientation and complete all clinical site requirements.
Students must be accepted into the Pharmacy Technology program to register for PHM courses.
*Information obtained from the criminal background checks and drug screenings could jeopardize the students' ability to participate in clinical experiences, to complete the program, and to be certified, registered and employed as a pharmacy technician.
**Any student that has not met all requirements WILL NOT be allowed to attend clinical courses and cannot advance in the program.
Note: Wake Tech Community College is continuously evaluating admissions procedures and reserves the right to make changes as necessary.