Your Completion Progress

Go to my Progress within Self-Service examines a student´s coursework (Wake Tech courses registered for, completed, and in progress; and transfer courses) against the requirements for a particular program. It is a tool for students and their advisors to use in selecting courses and monitoring progress toward completion only. Official clearance for completion must come from the Registrar’s Office.  

Note: Credit received prior to Fall 2006 may not appear on a degree audit and may have to be evaluated by Student Records. Work Based Learning (WBL)courses completed for one program may not count toward another. To verify WBL coursework, students should contact advisors or the WBL Coordinator.

To View Your Progress

  1. Log in to Self-Service with your Username and Password.
  2. Select Student Planning
  3. View Your Progress-Select Go to My Progress. View or scroll through all your active academic programs and review with an advisor as needed

Reading Your Program Progress

  • Look at each requirement/category. You can Show/Hide Details on each requirement for more detailed information. More detailed questions should be discussed with your advisor.

Red/Not started indicates course still needed

Green/Completed indicates course completed

Green/In-Progress indicates course registered for in current term

Yellow/Planned indicates you have planned but not registered for the course

  • "Other courses" that appear at the end of "My Progress" indicates those courses that do not meet any program requirements, such as developmental, withdrawn, failed, never attended, audit, repeated, or transfer courses. Always check with an advisor to see if any of these courses can apply toward the completion of a requirement. If so, your department/advisor can submit (Form 780) Program of Study Change and/or Course Substitution to Registration & Student Records.


Substitutions on your program evaluation are either individual substitutions (made for a student in a particular curriculum and year and requested on Form 780 as mentioned above) or “blanket” substitutions (approved by division deans for all students in a particular curriculum and year) for example only:

  • NET-125 is a substitute for NET-110 for a particular student in A25290 Web Technologies (individual substitution).   
  • ENG-114 is a substitute for COM-120 for all students in A60160 Automotive Systems Technology (blanket substitution).

 Transfer Credit options

View a New Program "What If" Feature

To explore how the courses you’ve completed may apply toward the requirements for other programs, you can select “View a New Program”  using the tab that appears beside your current active program. From there, you can search through programs offered at Wake Tech. Once you select a program, scroll down to the bottom to "View Program".  It will appear and you may review.  The following message will appear:  "You are not enrolled in this program.  The display of this program information is temporary and it will be removed as you leave or refresh this page."

Changing Programs

If you decide you want to change or add programs, you must initiate the process through Academic Advising.

If you think your program progress is incorrect, contact the Registrar’s Office at 919-866-5700 or [email protected]. Give your name, curriculum, Colleague ID number, and the nature of the error.