Students who decide to apply to serve as an ambassador must meet the eligibility criteria listed below. If selected, ambassadors will begin their service to the college in the Fall semester each year and must continue to maintain eligibility during their service year.
- Currently enrolled at Wake Tech
- 3.2 cumulative GPA
- Completed at least 12 semester hours
- Attend mandatory information session
Service to the college
- Must participate in all SA training activities
- Must attend all SA meetings and functions
- Must serve five hours (average) weekly during Student Services' hours of operation. SAs will be assigned to lead campus tours, assist with conferences, host special events or fulfill other duties, in addition to their weekly "office hours." It is your responsibility to sign in and sign out when you are serving your office hours. Please inform your campus supervisor immediately of any changes in schedule.
- Must assist at mandatory events, such as Fall and Spring graduations and Open Houses hosted by various campuses.
- Must complete both Fall and Spring semesters as a full-time student (earning a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester) during the academic year of appointment. It is your responsibility to notify your campus supervisor of any changes to your schedule immediately.
- Must fulfill academic requirements for attendance and compete assignments in all courses.
- Must maintain a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Must be in good standing with the college and in the community.
- Must not serve as a Student Government Association officer during the academic year of appointment (SA and SGA positions both require significant time).