Office of Volunteerism and Leadership
The Office of Volunteerism and Leadership (OVAL) was established to help students develop the knowledge and skills to serve their communities, provide them with service opportunities and encourage them to become active local and global leaders.
Service connects Wake Tech's educational resources, students, faculty and staff to community concerns and needs to help make the world around us a better place to live.
OVAL provides leadership training and service experiences in support of Wake Tech's core values of accountability, respect, responsibility and collaboration. The program aims to create an infrastructure that will raise awareness of the critical needs of the community, promote collective responsibility and cultivate lifetime leadership, learning and activism for positive social change.
Service provides the following benefits:
- Wake Tech faculty, staff and students have a variety of gifts and skills that can be used to meet the needs of our fellow community members. By volunteering your time, you can make a direct difference in Wake County.
- Build your resume. Service is a great way to take the skills you're learning at Wake Tech and apply them.
- Explore personal interests. If you think you might like working with children as a teacher, why not sign up to tutor?
- Make new friends.
- Change the community and the world around you with your time and gifts.
- Faculty and staff
- For busy professionals, it can be difficult to consistently give back. The Wake Tech Volunteer and Service Learning Program offers pre-arranged opportunities to get involved in the community.
- Families and children are welcome to participate. Many projects will help young ones learn an ethic of service and giving back.
- The opportunity to represent Wake Tech in our community.
Service is helping out, plain and simple. Turn your time and talents into positive impacts in our community. To learn more about volunteer opportunities and to get involved, visit OVAL's Wake Tech Xtra page.
Kela Farmer, MA
Assistant Director, Student Leadership and Student Government Association
~ Contact Info ~
Scott Northern Wake Campus
Building B - 152
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App