Wake Tech offers a variety of non-degree, short classes and certificate training programs in biotechnology, including hands-on training in biomanufacturing and biopharmaceutical operations in a simulated industrial, current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) environment.
For those interested in earning a degree to work in the biotech industry, visit Wake Tech's Biotechnology Department.
Financial assistance available
Workforce Continuing Education offers financial assistance for many workforce training programs through the Propel program and other resources. Email [email protected] for more information.
Course details and registration information
- Explain the regulatory and business rationale for SOPs.
- Identify FDA expectations.
- Define at least 2 approaches for determining what SOPs are needed.
- Identify factors that support SOP efficacy.
- Distinguish between methods of presenting SOP content.
- Analyze the structure and content of an SOP for adherence to the principles of effective SOP construction.
- Create an SOP utilizing the principles learned in class.
- Understand how to keep their SOPs current.
- Lecture - principles, philosophy, regulatory compliance.
- Examples - overview and analysis of SOP examples for effectiveness.
- Writing exercise - creation of an SOP per the principles discussed in class.
- Attendance 95% or above
- Good Documentation Practices and Data Integrity - SEF-211CL
- Elements of Current Good Manufacturing Practices in Biomanufacturing Processes - SEF-79524
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App