Liberal Arts Division Policies
Enrolling in full classes
- Students will not be allowed to register for classes that are full.
- This policy is non-negotiable unless a student must graduate at the end of the current semester from Wake Tech. Potential Wake Tech graduates should obtain a graduation checklist from Academic Advising or from Self-Service documenting graduation readiness and present it to the dean or appropriate department head for consideration. Placement into a full class is not guaranteed even for graduates.
- Students should not approach faculty members to request to be added to full sections.
Adding classes after final day of registration
- Students will not be allowed to register for classes after the "last date to add a class" for the semester. For each semester, this date is posted in the Calendar tab on the college website.
- Per state and college policies, students must meet all course prerequisites prior to enrollment.
- Students who have not met prerequisites will either be dropped from the course before the semester begins or instructed to drop the course.
- Students will need to submit transcripts or grade reports showing proof of completed prerequisites to the division dean or appropriate department head to request the course registration override. (Official transcripts must be sent directly to the Admissions Office.)
Registering for more than 20 credit hours
- Students must submit the request to the division dean or division secretary.
- Approval is usually given only to potential graduates with high grade point averages.
- No student schedule time conflicts will be approved.
10% date of semester
- Per Wake Tech policy, students who do not attend a class by the 10% date of the semester will be dropped from the class.
According to Wake Tech's Course Repetition Policy, a student may enroll in the same course up to three times during his or her academic career.
If you attempt to enroll or register for a course in one of the following Liberal Arts Division subjects for the fourth time, you will receive a registration error message that you have exceeded the number of allowed attempts for that course:
- English (ENG 110, 111, 112, 114, 125, 231, 232, 241, 242, 261, 262)
- Political Science
To request permission to take a course in one of the above subjects a fourth time:
- Open the Course Repetition Request form in the student portal. A Wake Tech student ID and password required. (If you have trouble clicking through on the link, right-click on it to copy the link and paste it into the URL bar in a new browser window.)
- Follow the instructions to complete the form, and submit your request to take the course a fourth time.
After your completed form has been received, either Liberal Arts Interim Dean Kimberly Eaton or Associate Dean Lee Corbett will reply in two to three business days to schedule a time to talk with you to discuss and consider your request.
NOTE: If you are requesting permission to retake transition courses (ENG 002, ENG 011, MAT 003, MAT 010, MAT 021, MAT 043, MAT 052 or MAT 071), email Academic Foundations Department Head Cherise Millsaps at [email protected].
For questions regarding retaking math and science courses numbered 100-level and above, email the Mathematics and Sciences Division at [email protected] so staff can assist you with your request or question.
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App