DEI Council Education Workgroup
- Tonya Greene
- Kobie Joyner
- Robert Mayhew
- Gillian Norton
The focus of the DEI Council Education Workgroup is educating and empowering Wake Tech's campus community by establishing action-oriented learning opportunities to build awareness, knowledge and strategies that foster a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
We will build collaborative communities by doing the following:
- Supporting divisions and departments in developing DEI goals and educational opportunities
- Collaborating with the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) to present DEI-related professional development programs and recruit DEI trainers and speakers
- Implementing DEI-focused onboarding with Human Resources.
We also use evidence-based best practices and data-driven strategies to accomplish the following:
- Evaluate, revise and supplement DEI-related professional development at Wake Tech
- Revise the course TALA 105: Equity and the Classroom
- Collaborate with CETL to create and offer DEI 100: Introduction Course
- Collaborate with CETL to create and offer DEI Academy
- Collaborate with the college community to offer DEI-related events, training and speakers