COVID-19 Campus Protocols
As COVID-19 continues to exist in our communities, it is more important than ever to follow strict protocols to ensure the health and safety of the campus community. If you are experiencing COVID-like symptoms, please do not come to campus, but seek medical care. If you are exposed to the virus or test positive, follow the protocols below and contact [email protected].
If you have questions, email [email protected].
- Isolate from others for five full days after your symptoms start or you test positive.
- If you have no symptoms, or your symptoms improve after five days and you have no fever without the use of fever-reducing medication, you can leave your house.
- Continue to wear a mask for additional five days.
- If you have a fever, continue to isolate until your fever resolves.
- Isolate for five days and wear a mask for an additional five days.
- Monitor symptoms for 10 days
- Wear a mask around others indoors for 10 days from date of last exposure
- Test five days after exposure, or sooner if you have symptoms
- If you test positive, or you develop symptoms, please immediately isolate and email the COVID mailbox for further guidance. Stay in contact with your instructor(s).
- Take extra precautions for 10 days when around people more likely to get very sick (maintain social distance)
- Upon receiving a report, instructors and supervisors will immediately notify Human Resources at [email protected] and their direct supervisor.
- Human Resources assigns the "case" to a COVID contact tracer, who will connect with the student or employee and provide guidance on quarantining or isolation. The tracers will promptly notify anyone who might be impacted so that they can self-monitor or quarantine.
- Individuals who initiated the response may be asked to assist with contact tracing. This information will be tracked separately from personnel and student records, and names will remain confidential.
- Individuals who were possibly exposed to or tested positive for the coronavirus may be asked to provide documentation from a health care provider that they are cleared to return to campus.