Our Vision & Mission Statement
We, the men and women of the Wake Tech Campus Police Department, are dedicated to providing excellent service through partnerships with students, staff and faculty that build trust, reduce crime, create a safe environment, and enhance the quality of life on our campus. We are committed to these principles: integrity, respect, fairness, and service.
- Integrity: We firmly adhere to the values set forth in the Campus Police Officers’ Code of Ethics. We expect every member of our division to uphold the highest ethical standards at all the times.
- Respect: We treat all members of the community and each other with courtesy, fairness and dignity.
- Professionalism: We continuously develop our Knowledge, skills and abilities as much as possible in order to provide the best service. Our Approach is based on our commitment to excellence, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Accountability: We value the opportunity to serve and pledge that our conduct will always merit the trust of the community. We accept full responsibility for our actions and will take appropriate measures to meet community and professional expectations.
- Service: We strive to show our commitment to serve by placing the needs of others ahead of our own. We are committed to enhancing campus safety and increasing the community’s sense of security. We will work in partnership with the community to identify and solve problems that affect the quality of life on campus.
- Mentoring: We recognize that both individual and team contributions are essential to a high-performing division. By sharing insight and guidance and creating learning opportunities for all members, we acknowledge that each makes a valuable contribution to our purpose and vision.
Wake Tech encourages an open and welcoming environment that also ensures the safety of all.
Campus buildings are generally open during business hours; classrooms and laboratories are locked and may be opened only with an instructor present.
After hours, faculty and staff may access buildings by contacting a department administrator, Events Planning, or Campus Police. Visitors must have Campus Police approval to access buildings after hours. Campus lighting, equipment, and landscaping are maintained with safety in mind. Employees and visitors should report faulty locks, unsafe steps or handrails, unsafe roadways, unsecured equipment, or any other safety hazard to the Communications Center by calling 919-866-5911.