Dr. Stephen C. Scott Scholars Program
The Dr. Stephen C. Scott Scholars Program is a merit-based scholarship program designed to provide full-time Wake Tech students with an opportunity to pursue studies at Wake Tech and participate in a leadership development program. The program is named after President Emeritus Dr. Stephen C. Scott and reflects the values he instilled in the college through his leadership.
The scholarship was started by Mark and Rachel Selisker with a $25,000 endowment fund. Rachel Selisker is a Wake Tech graduate and a former member of the Wake Tech Foundation Board of Directors. Over the years, many private donors have joined the Seliskers in supporting the Scott Scholars program, adding $400,000 to sustain the program in perpetuity.
- A scholarship valued at up to $5,000 per year to cover the cost of tuition, fees, books and supplies
- A college-issued laptop (if desired) to use while enrolled at Wake Tech and participating in the Scott Scholars program
- A mentor at Wake Tech who will serve as an advocate for the student, providing guidance and opportunities for leadership development
- A paid internship placement in industry related to the student’s program of study or a nonprofit community organization, offering opportunities to engage in service leadership and/or experience working in their field of study
- The opportunity to participate in a student-centered leadership development or other relevant professional development opportunities during the academic year
- A one-on-one meeting with President Emeritus Dr. Stephen C. Scott up to twice a year to discuss leadership, vision and community
- Opportunities to participate in special events and projects as designated by the program administrator and/or recommended by the student’s mentor
- Current Wake Tech students or Career & College Promise students who have completed 12 credit hours of college-level coursework
- Wake Tech GPA of 3.30 or higher and significant accomplishments and achievements
- Demonstrated community service work
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities
Applications are accepted once a year, March 1 - April 30 for the upcoming academic year.
- Review the guidelines online and click the Apply Now link at the bottom of the page
- Login using your Wake Tech student credentials and complete the general application
- Click on the green arrow, then click Apply. (Note: The green arrow will appear only if you meet the minimum criteria of 12+ hours of college-level class work completed and an unweighted GPA of 3.30 or higher.)
- Complete the supplemental questions and submit two letters of recommendation by the April 30 deadline