Many non-degree IT courses align with Wake Tech’s IT degree programs, which means you can take certain “non-degree” courses and still earn college credits for that course, if you enroll in a qualifying degree program.
You may qualify for a scholarship through the WakeWorks Propel program!
IT Power Packs: Level Up Your Life!
Ready to take your IT skills to the next level? Wake Tech's IT Power Packs are bundled, low-cost training programs designed to help you earn industry-recognized credentials. Each Power Pack can be completed in about four to six months. Power Packs aim to prepare you for the next step in your career, whether you are brand new to the IT field or a mid-career professional looking to level up. And, if you want to take your knowledge even further, the credentials you earn in a Power Pack can count for college credit in a degree program at Wake Tech!
Wake Tech's IT Power Packs are part of the WakeWorks Propel scholarship program, which means you may qualify to receive up to $750 to pay for course registration, books, certification fees, etc.
Learn more about WakeWorks Propel here.
Let's get started!
Select a Power Pack from the list below to register.
- Set up a computer workstation running Windows and use basic software applications
- Understand the functions and types of devices used within a computer system
- Apply basic computer maintenance and support principles
- Understand some principles of software and database development
- Configure computers and mobile devices to connect to home networks and to the internet
- Identify security issues affecting the use of computers and networks
- Introduction to Computers
- Using Apps and Databases
- Computer Hardware
- Understanding Networks
- Security Concepts
- Preparing to take the Exam
- Career Pathways
- IT Concepts and Terminology
- Applications and Software
- Software Development
- Database Fundamentals
- Attendance 90% or above
- Demonstrate an understanding of at least 70% of course material taught.
- Computer Support Specialist
- Desktop Support Technician
- Desktop Support Specialist