Nurse Aide I Refresher
This Nurse Aide I Refresher course consists of a brief review of the NAI curriculum and the competency exam required for listing as a NAI with the NC Division of Health Service Regulation.
Nurse Aide I refresher registration
- Maximum of 11 students.
- Program Fees
- Registration Fee: $150 is due at the time of registration using a MasterCard or Visa.
- No criminal background check is required.
- Nurse Aide I Refresher students do not need to have a Wake Tech I.D. because they do not go to clinical.
- The tuition for Nurse Aide I Refresher students includes a Campus Access Fee.
- Students can obtain their parking decal at any campus.
Proof of one of the following items must be submitted to the instructor on the first day of class:
- An expired North Carolina Nurse Aide I listing with no substantiated findings or a successful completion of a North Carolina Nurse Aide I Program from an accredited institution within the last 5 years
- A current Nurse Aide I listing from another state with no substantiated findings
- An expired out-of-state listing with no substantiated findings or a successful completion of a Nurse Aide I Program from another state from an accredited institution within the last 5 years
(NOTE: The student must provide proof that the institution is accredited)
- Proof of completion of military corpsman training
- Completion of an RN or above training
There will be a written exam and it must be passed with a grade of 78 or better. Please go to the Pearson Vue website for a copy of the practice exam to review before the first day of class. You can also find the PDF version of the candidate handbook.
Class withdrawal/transfer policy
Students may withdraw and receive:
- A 100% refund will be given if the student officially withdraws from the class (by written request) before the first class meeting.
- A 75% refund will be given if the student officially withdraws from the class (by written request) on or before the 10-percent date of scheduled hours. Community school, facility, and lab fees are non-refundable.
- A full refund will be given for classes canceled by the college. Students do not have to request these refunds.
To submit a withdrawal request, log in to Wake Tech's website.
Transfers are dependent on availability in the new class. In order to transfer to another section, the student must email [email protected] the following information:
- Your full name
- Wake Tech ID#
- Section number of the class
- Phone number
- Mailing address
Emergency cancellations and closings
Wake Technical Community College emergency cancellations and closings are posted on the college web page and messages are on the main phone line 919-866-5000. Current students with a Wake Tech email are automatically registered to receive Wake Tech Warn email alerts from the college emergency alert system. Students can also sign up with Wake Tech Warn to receive phone text messages and voice mail in the event of an emergency or inclement weather situation.
Nurse Aide classes scheduled August through March will have mandatory inclement weather makeup dates built into their class schedules. In the event the college closes and an entire lab or clinical class day is missed, mandatory makeup dates will be used in the same order they are listed on the class schedule. If closings result in partial lab or clinical hours missed, these hours will be made up by adding hours to existing class dates to make up the time. Totally seated classes that miss lecture hours due to any college closing will make up the hours online. If a totally seated or hybrid class misses a test due to any college closing, the test will be moved to the next seated class day. The attendance policy for mandatory makeup dates is the same as a regular class date.
Please regularly check your Wake Tech email or the email address you provided. This is our primary way to contact you about important updates concerning your Nurse Aide class.