Mission, Goals, and Outcomes
The mission of the Wake Tech Radiography Program is to provide the healthcare community with competent and professional entry-levels radiographers, a skilled health care professional who uses radiation to produce images of the human body.
Students will demonstrate competence in skills basic to Radiography Profession.
- Students will demonstrate proper positioning skills.
- Students will provide proper patient care.
- Students will determine correct exposure factors.
Students will effectively utilize critical thinking skills.
- Students will demonstrate competence in non-routine examinations.
- Students will correctly analyze images.
Students will demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate appropriate communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in written communication skills.
Students will demonstrate professionalism.
- Students will demonstrate professional behavior in the clinical setting.
- Students will be able to identify imaging legalities, ethical codes and professional standards.
Program Effectiveness Measures
- Students will complete the program.
- Students will pass the national certification exam on the first attempt.
- Graduates will be gainfully employed within twelve (12) months post-graduation.
- Graduates of the program will indicate satisfaction with preparation for employment.
- Employers will be satisfied with the performance of newly-hired radiology technologists.
Program effectiveness data can be located on the JRCERT website. http://www.jrcert.org/